Sunday, June 01, 2014

Design Team Delights for Challenge #13

It is time for my Design Team to share their favourite entries for Challenge #13.  As always, in each challenge you, the readers, get to voice your opinion by voting for your favourite and so it is only fitting that my Design Team get to do so as well.

Thanks to everyone who took the time to join along our Path during the month of April for Challenge #13.  While it is always a difficult decision, each team member managed to find a particular entry that really caught their attention.  Take a look...  

Vickie--chosen by Desíre...
Here is what Desíre had to say:
"Not only is Vickie's card so beautifully designed and coloured, but it echoed her thoughts on the ocean i.e.":
"I  have always been attracted to the beauty of the sea. I drink it in, soaking up the scene and its memories, so that I can hide them in my being and carry them away to last forever. The sea is both destructive and life giving. We stood on the shore in a place of peace, but if we'd been a few yards farther into the sea, we would have been in a fight for life as the waves came crashing in. I stand in awe of the power of the sea and, even more, of the One who could create such an amazing force."
 To see the details of Vickie's card and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Holly--chosen by Suze and Monica...
Suze had this to say:
"I picked Holly's entry as I felt a sense of peace looking at her creation.  Music always gives me a sense of peace and the soft colours and vintage looking lace added to that feeling."
 
Here is what Monica had to say:
"I love the Shabby Vintage look of the card. The image is a perfect distressed look and the lace adds to the overall vintage style. Just Beautiful."
 
To see the details of Holly's card, click HERE.

Shona--chosen by Vicky, Pat, Lynda and Sandy...
Vicky had this to say:
"I  just loooooved her gorgeous project, the picture was really a great inspiration for what she did it.  And I love how she stated something how soothing and peaceful the sound of the tide is.  That's one of my favorite sounds!  It made me at peace and long for a vacation lol."
 
This is what Pat had to say:
"Shona described my idea of peace in her own words":
"When I think of the word peace, calming sounds are what come to my mind.   When it comes to calming sounds - nothing can beat that of the tide lapping up on a beach, with the soft breeze rustling the sea grasses..."
Lynda had this to say:
"Another project based on a real photograph from nature...LOVE this frame so much; the colors, the crackle, and the fact that it is a shaker is just even better!"
 
Sandy said this:
"I just love everything about her project…"
 
 To see the details of Shona's card and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.
Carol--chosen by Lisa (that's me)...
Carol created such a clean and simple card but one that packs a powerful feeling and message.  The image that she chose is simply precious and the perfect accompaniment to that sentiment.  Carol also hit the nail on the head with something that she said in her post:  
"...unless we choose to walk a peaceful path, the most vulnerable of our society don't stand much of a chance."
It is my hope that Carol's card and post will help to influence others to make peaceful choices in their lives.
 
To see the details of Carol's card and read more of what she had to say, click HERE.

 Creative Congratulations to all of you!

Thank you to everyone who played on our Pathway during the month of April.  As always we greatly appreciate you sharing your incredible talents with us.  Now if you were chosen as a DT Delight, then we have a special treat for you.   Not only are you eligible for a special DT Delight badge, we will also be having a draw very soon for a special package of digital goodies.  So, if you are chosen as a DT Delight during any of our challenges, your name will be entered into the draw.  You get one entry per choice; so, if two members picked your card, you will earn 2 entries, three members 3 entries, etc.  The draw was supposed to take place in April but we need to hold off a bit.  It will happen soon though.  The winner at the time will be notified by email.  In the interim you are more than welcome to copy your framed card above and add it to your blog to share with all your readers; and, don't forget to email me at popwinners {at} gmail {dot} com (be sure to replace at and dot with the appropriate symbols) or by clicking HERE to bring the address up in your email program, for a copy of the special Challenge #13 DT Delight Badge.  I'm always running a bit behind these days, so your patience is appreciated.

Thank you for stopping by today.  We will be back tomorrow, Monday, June 2nd to start Challenge #15.  We hope that you will join us then to learn what the newest theme will be.

 

4 comments:

Pat said...

So hard to choose just one-all the entries were beautiful!!

Desire Fourie said...

Such inspirational projects.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Crafty Judith said...

Hi your DT work in smazing xxx You asked me to confirm how my entry represents happiness - The bird in the picture is a dove and symbolises love peace happiness and prosperity - have a great day one and all hugs Judith xxx

Holly said...

Thank you so much for choosing my card as one of your DT Delights picks. I am so honored to be among such wonderful company. Everyone made some amazing creations!